Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sports and Career Fair

Well, an unfortunate even happened last night. The ASU basketball team was defeated with a score of Florida - 70 pts. to ASU - 57 pts. It happened to our football team and now our basketball team, losing that is. ASU's basketball team had 9 wins and 9 losses the whole season. Yet, U of A had 8 wins and 10 losses and they were chosen for March Madness? It baffles me, but too little, too late! Luckily, we have a great baseball team, so there's hope!!! I have to admit, I haven't followed up much on the ASU sports until this year. In the previous years, they haven't done so great, so this has come to a great surprise! This afternoon, ASU is hosting a career fair! This is a wonderful way to network and meet future employers. I strongly advise you to partake in this event if you decide ASU is for you! One of the greatest things I have learned about the College of Public Programs is that they really set you up for a successful future. Just last week, there was a free resume training and consultation in the lobby of the University Center. In this case, you can perfect your resume, and go to the career fair the following week looking like a pro! ASU teams up with a bunch of employers that set up desks with information about their company. It allows you as a student, to get your name and face to the employer and set a lasting impact! It allows you to ask questions about their company and really get an outlook on what jobs may capture your interest. As I have told you, I am currently doing my internship. The employers that attend this event are not only looking for part-time and full-time employees, but interns as well! ASU even prepares you for the career fair, so you don't show up unprofessional and unprepared. Here is the link you can copy and paste to see the preparation process: http://www.aug.edu/career_center/A%20Guide%20for%20Career%20Fair%20Success.pdf. Unfortunately, my blog won't allow me to insert a hyperlink, so you will have to do it the old fashioned way. I highly encourage you to participate in all functions such as these, in order to prosper in your future.

1 comment:

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

And the Lady Devils lost last night, too. I feel you pain, because it is mine too!