Sunday, March 16, 2008

Internship Is Amazing!,

My internship is such an adventure! It has been such a great learning experience! I am so busy with it though, that I don't have much time of a social life. If it will advance me in my career, then I don't mind not having a social life! Last Tuesday, I did an event for a bunch of loan officers. They were staying at the JW Marriott. I worked with a partnering company called Southwest Conference Planners. My responsibility was to get everyone registered and collect their business cards. We entered their names and business cards into the database. The company I worked with liked me so much, that they wanted to take me to Las Vegas with them. They had a conference there the following day, and they were flying out that night. Unfortunately, that was not enough time to get me a ticket and hotel room. It is still flattering that they even considered me. They said I had a great work ethic, and that it seemed like I was experienced in this field. This was the first time I ever worked a hospitality desk. I worked from 6 am until 11 am. It was a long morning, but everyone was so nice, so it went by quickly. I love experiencing all these different events. It really expands my knowledge on the whole event industry.I also worked with Yvette this whole week in her office. We processed receipts and went over time sheets. It sounds dull, but we make it fun! We have a great time in the office, and we really get to know each other a lot better, rather then working in a big office or at a big company. I have a good feeling about my future, and being able to network with other companies. I have already begun networking, and it has already shown it's benefits. This following week, Yvette will be in Boston. I get to take care of all the office work, and check in with other staff to make sure there jobs are going great! I can't wait to see what the future holds!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I appreciate your efforts because it conveys the message of what you are trying to say. It's a great skill to make even the person who doesn't know about the subject could able to understand the subject . Your blogs are understandable and also elaborately described. I hope to read more and more interesting articles from your blog. All the best.

Best Architects in Chennai
Turnkey Interior Contractors in Chennai
Interior Contractors in Chennai
Architecture Firms in Chennai