Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl!!!

Hello everybody! This weekend was exhausting, but it was such a blast! I won't even tell you the hours I worked! As I stated earlier, I work for Yvette at Wingteam, which is an event planning company. She started the company on her own, and is very successful. Yvette and I teamed up to hire people to work the Super Bowl. We worked with another event company called Gameday Management. I actually helped coordinate transportation for the Super Bowl. It sounds tedious, and to be quite honest, at time it can be. For the most part, it was interesting. I started at the Valley Ho in Scottsdale. I had to direct NFL Corporate staff to their buses. I saw Ian Zering from 90210 and he made a point of making sure we knew who he was! That was pretty cool! I was able to go to the Super Bowl, but just the parking lot! They held a party for all the bus drivers and Gameday staff. We were able to watch the football game until the end of the third quarter! We then directed people back to their buses, depending on which hotel they stayed at. There were probably 85 buses there, so you can imagine how complicated that could get! I really had a hand's on experience, and saw what goes on behind the scenes of an event. I learned that transportation is probably not for me, but at least I figured that out early on. I had more fun working with Yvette and working on time sheets and works orders for the staff. It is a lot of paper work, but you have to start at the bottom of the totem pole and work your way up. I was already offered a job for an event company in Florida, because they really like my hard work. The most important thing I can't stress enough is NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK! Build up your resume, and take advantage of Career Fairs and job opportunities. You must get your name out there and make impressions. You never know how important they are, and you could get offered some pretty interesting jobs! Take a chance and get out there! I am so glad I have!

2 comments:

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

Only to the third quarter?! The last 5 minutes was the best football ever in Super Bowl history. Seriously. Get a tape of it and watch it today... after you vote :)

Candi said...

Network, network, network!!! Your right it is very valuable key! Great advice because truly in the end its really who you know that will get you to that next level.