Sunday, January 20, 2008

Welcome Students!


Hello, everybody! My name is Danielle, and I am originally from Chicago. I visited Arizona when I was 14, and I knew from that moment that this was the place for me. When I was accepted into ASU, it was like a dream come true. The knowledge I have gained from the professors is incredible. I learn something new everyday. I am currently a hotel management/ tourism major at the downtown Phoenix campus. My major is a part of the College of Public Programs (CoPP). I absolutely love my major. I have always been an avid traveler, and I want to see the world! I am currently doing an internship for Wingteam. Wingteam is an event planning company. I am planning the Superbowl this year, and it is an amazing experience! I have studied abroad twice, and I have been to places that some people dream about. My first study abroad experience was to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji. It was such a great cultural experience. I learned so much. I am more of a hands on kind of person, instead of books and lectures. I was able to go to these unique and beautiful places and really experience the world of tourism in person, rather then a book. Last year, I did the winter abroad program on a cruise ship. I went to Aruba, Panama Canal, Costa Rica, and Curacao. These are just a few examples of the experiences you can partake in as a CoPP student. I will elaborate more upon these experiences further along the road. I just wanted to give you a taste of who I am and why I love my tourism major! The picture is taken in Australia at the zoo. Yes, that is a real Australian koala!

Ciao for now!
Danielle

1 comment:

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

That's a good taste! I'm stoked to hear more. See you soon.

:)